What comes along with buying a new house is of course packing and moving. It is said to be the most stressful event in any person’s life, be it a couple or an entire family. It is no small task to collect all the things which you have been using or have stored for a period of time in one house and to start afresh in another house.
But moving need not be an overwhelming experience as the key to minimizing the stress and maximizing the excitement needs to be prepared. With a bit of pre-planning and organization, you can make your next move without a hitch.
So, to help you with a stress-free move you have listed below the stages of your pre-planning checklist for Villa Movers in Dubai to plan step by step what you need to do months, weeks, or days before you move.
Two months before you move:
After a lot of research and looking around to find your dream house, you finally found it and now it’s time, to begin with, your moving home checklist. It is advisable to start preparing for your move two months ahead of your scheduled moving date. This gives you plenty of time to prepare and book the required services.
- Clearing out stuff that is unwanted ahead of your move is a good way to save your money and ensure that you move to the new house with only the things you really need. Go to each room and start sorting the stuff you need, or want to donate or trash unwanted stuff. If this task is done two months prior, you will thank yourself during the time of packing.
- Start researching about the best moving company. Make sure you get the quotations from several companies, as that will help you finalize one which suits your budget.
- Make a moving folder or file to keep track of your estimates receipts and other information.
- Check with your moving company whether they provide packing materials or packing service. If not then you need to start collecting items like cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, and separate boxes for fragile items.
- Contact your insurance agent and make sure that your insurance policy covers your move. If not then your moving company will not be able to provide a claim. It’s always good to double check.
- Make travel arrangements for you and your family at least a month before moving.
One Month Before Your Move:
It’s now officially one month from now to move into your new house. Here’s what you need to do with the four weeks that you have left.
- Confirm the booking date with your moving company and double-check the pricing, policy coverage, and other related terms.
- Start packing the items that are not essential and those that are not used frequently.
- As you pack make sure you label the box with its contents and the room to which it belongs as it will make it easier for you to unpack the box in your new house. Specially label the boxes with items that you will need to use right away.
- Check all important documents that you will be carrying with you on the day of your moving.
- Arrange for child care and pet care if required on the moving day.
One Week Before You Move :
- Finalize all the details with your moving company, confirm the time, emergency numbers, parking and directions.
- Clean out any rooms which haven’t been emptied. Check closets, cabinets, drawers and basement once again to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
- Make sure to defrost the freezer and make sure it is completely dry before leaving.
- Store safely all the important documents like passports, driving license, house and other property agreements, insurance papers, expensive jewellery and any cash kept in the house.
- Finish as much as your packing as possible so that you have everything ready to go.
The Day Before The Move :
Your moving day has arrived and you have a few hours left in your soon to be old house. Here is the final checklist of important tasks for the day before you move.
- Walk around in every room of your house, you check everything has been packed and that you haven’t missed anything important which has to be carried with you.
- Pack an overnight bag for yourself and your family.
- Be sure you have contact information handy for the movers.
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged and that you have your charger with you.
- Ensure that you have kept all the keys to your new house and have removed any keys from outside your house.
Hence, to make your moving day stress-free kindly follow the above checklist as you make your moving day memorable with your beloved family.
If you are looking for Packers and Movers in the UAE, Sunstars Movers is here to help you with your stress-free moving.
Sunstars Movers wish you a very Happy Moving.